Collection of your Personal Information
- We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified and provide that anonymized information to our partners. For example, we allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and you agree that we may use any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to allow our advertisers to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. We might use the fact you have purchased or inquired about a certain brand of apparel, for instance, to show you advertisements for the company that sells that brand, but we will not tell that company who you are.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site and to which pages within the Site), we only use such data in aggregate form, in a manner that assures your anonymity. We may provide this aggregate usage information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Site, so that our partners, too, can endeavor to provide you with an optimal online experience. For example, we may place a cookie on your device that records what products you have viewed on our Site, and then provide that information, in non-personally-identifiable form, to a third party website, to allow such websites to show you ads for similar products that are available from us or from third parties.
- We may also deliver a file to you through the Site (known as a "web beacon") from an advertising network we have contracted with. Web beacons allow advertising networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. These beacons may, for example, log that you have viewed a certain product on our Site, and then show you an ad for similar products when you browse to another website. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Many ad networks participate in the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), a cooperative of online marketing and analytics companies committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards, and such NAI members may allow you to opt-out of cookies or beacons they deliver. Again, we do not control the policies of any third parties, including advertising networks.
- We may contact you, by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Site. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. If you wish to discontinue email correspondence at any time, simply follow the instructions to “Unsubscribe” which appear in every email we send, or contact us through the Contact Us page.
- In the event that you voluntarily submit additional, unsolicited personal information during the registration process or thereafter to bytten, you expressly consent to bytten’s collection and storage of such information.
Use of your Personal Information
- Bytten collects and uses your Personal Information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- Bytten may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from bytten and its affiliates. Bytten may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties only as described below.
- Bytten may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to bytten, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Bytten may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within bytten, in order to determine what bytten services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within bytten to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information (which may include your Personal Information) is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Bytten will disclose your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on bytten or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of bytten; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of bytten, or the public.
Security of your personal information
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Children under thirteen
Bytten does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Site.
Disconnecting your bytten account from third party websites
You will be able to connect your bytten account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR BYTTEN ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED INTHIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users are offered the opportunity to log in to bytten using their Facebook accounts. They may skip this step and log in using an email address during the sign up process.
Opt-out & unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from bytten by contacting us at email@example.com.
Changes to this statement
Bytten will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Bytten encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how bytten is protecting your information.
Bytten welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that bytten has not adhered to this Statement, please contact bytten at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of July 18, 2014